Friday, September 03, 2004

kiss my grits


a down-home meal

on wednesday i found myself in intense need of some comfort food. if you've ever tried the white cheddar grits at Miss Millie's in noe valley, then you'll know that this dish is the epitome of comfort food. warm, creamy, cheesy, goopy goodness. i found a recipe here awhile back that is incredibly good. it's been some time since i was last at Miss Millie's, so I don't remember exactly what their grits are like, but these grits are close to my memory of what they were like.

i decided to make that night's dinner a southern meal, or at least what i, being a native san franciscan, believe to be a southern meal. i served up some fried catfish, and fried okra. hoo boy. that was some serious artery-clogging chow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Quentin said...

Hi there. I'm interested in cajun cooking and would like to get some local help & advice. I've met some local people via this cajun cooking site but do you know of any others where I can meet local people?
Many thanks

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home