Wednesday, August 18, 2004

oops

er, i think i broke my ice cream machine already. there i was at 11pm last night, ready to churn my ice cream. you know how it is when you get a new appliance, and you're eager to use it for the first time, and you just kind of skim the instructions? well, that was a mistake. i missed a crucial step in assembling the lid which caused the churning blade not to fit properly. too much pressure was forced onto the blade, and thus the churning motor, and i think that's what's causing the motor to now sputter. it's not churning smoothly anymore, and keeps reversing as if there was ice creamy resistance.

it was such a bloody frustration last night. i was almost on the verge of tears. lots of fussing and fidgeting with the machine, the dawning suspicion that it was broken, and on top of that, no ice cream.

i called the company this morning, failing to mention that it was probably my fault that it wasn't working. i feel a little guilty about that. i feel very conflicted actually. i'm generally an honest person, but then my chinese upbringing kicks in. "don't pay for what you don't have to." i can hear all my relatives now. "what are you, crazy? don't tell them the truth. get it replaced for free, man! they make so much money, anyway." and i'm sure one aunt would say, "you have to be sneaky sometimes." my family is sneaky sometimes, and they're so proud of it. i'm not sure i would be.

i'm waiting for the customer service rep to talk to her boss, then call me back. i'll let you know if my conscience gets the better of me.

4 Comments:

Blogger abraham said...

Appliance Repair in San Diego Offering same day service, 1 Year Warranty, $10 house call free with repair, We Fix all Makes & Models State Certified Technicians, Bonded & Insured, BBB & Consumer Affairs Members.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Will said...

Hey there. Nice blog. Can I ask if you know of any sites like this one (french cookery) where I can meet other people interested in cookery, particularly french cookery?
Cheers

2:47 AM  
Anonymous low fat cooking said...

Hi, I'd like to know where I can meet other people who enjoy cookery, particularly low fat cooking. I've joined this site (low fat cooking) but where else can I meet other local devotees of low fat cooking?

4:36 AM  
Anonymous low fat cooking said...

Hi, I'd like to know where I can meet other people who enjoy cookery, particularly low fat cooking. I've joined this site (low fat cooking) but where else can I meet other local devotees of low fat cooking?

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home